Comment on page
Introduction to DNSControl
DNSControl is an opinionated platform for seamlessly managing your DNS configuration across any number of DNS hosts, both in the cloud or in your own infrastructure. It manages all of the domains for the Stack Overflow network, and can do the same for you!
- Maintain your DNS data as a high-level DS, with macros, and variables for easier updates.
- Super extensible! Plug-in architecture makes adding new DNS providers and Registrars easy!
- Eliminate vendor lock-in. Switch DNS providers easily, any time, with full fidelity.
- Reduce points of failure: Easily maintain dual DNS providers and easily drop one that is down.
- All the benefits of Git (or any VCS) for your DNS zone data. View history. Accept PRs.
- Runs on Linux, Windows, Mac, or any operating system supported by Go.
- Enable/disable Cloudflare proxying (the "orange cloud" button) directly from your DNSControl files.